Do you provide mobile devices for your employees, and find yourself wrestling with any of the following....
- You’re worried about business laptops, tablets or smartphones getting misplaced. You’ve valuable data stored on them and are (understandably) concerned about what might happen if it is compromised. Perhaps you’ve even been burnt with security before, so you’re uncomfortably aware of what can go wrong.
- You or a staff member are wasting hours setting up devices as employees leave and join the company—removing users, adding users, figuring out log-ins, and instructing staff on setting up the correct apps.
- You’re tired of staff members calling up with tech issues on the road that you cannot solve over the phone.
- You’ve spent a lot of money on mobile equipment, but honestly, you’re not keeping track of where a lot of it is! You’ve tried registering devices, you’ve attempted to use a spreadsheet…surely there’s a more effective way to keep track of every device?
- You want to optimise the way you use mobile devices in your organisation—but you’re not sure how. You bought the devices to make life and work easier and more effective, after all, so making that happen is a priority.
- Or perhaps you’re considering introducing mobile devices into your business, and want to ensure you do it properly. So you can avoid the hassles above—and benefit from a streamlined and effective MDM set-up, rollout and maintenance strategy.
PowerbITs’ Mobile Device Management will enable you to successfully (re)configure, secure and maintain your organisation's fleet of mobile devices—from laptops to tablets to phones.
What are the benefits of our Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solutions?
Maximise device security:
We can block or restrict apps, problematic or harmful URLs, data/WiFi connections, unapproved download and device functions (to minimise cybersecurity risks), and enforce strong passwords.
Initiate remote actions for lost and stolen devices:
We can revoke access and wipe a device if it’s stolen or lost to safeguard business data. We can also lock, block, and locate devices when they are misplaced.
Provide an easy MDM roll-out:
We can simultaneously configure dozens or even hundreds of devices with the same set-up, and manage device transitions between old and new employees remotely. One click from us, and it’s ready to go for a new team member.
Monitor and track/log locations of devices:
Let’s be honest, devices can be hard to keep track of. We’ll make sure you always know the whereabouts of your expensive IT assets—without a spreadsheet in sight.
Customise the device functions to your business:
We can configure the device to suit your business needs exactly. Plus, we can provide different levels of access and functions to different groups of users. (e.g. managers vs general staff)
Get remote IT support:
We can log into devices remotely to provide troubleshooting when your staff are at work or in the field. You won’t have to ship the device to us, and they don’t have to sit there fiddling with it. We’ll take control of the device on the spot to identify the issue + resolve it.
Install your proprietary program onto devices:
Ideal if you have a custom line of business application.
Reduce device theft:
By enabling location tracking + setting devices up to work only on your terms (e.g. with one WiFi network, restricted app installation, limited data connections & disabled camera)--rendering them “useless” for any other purpose.
Integrate your business branding:
We can set device wallpapers to align with your business’ branding needs, arrange icons, adjust their sizes, and organise them in folders.
PowerbITs MDM Solutions are ideal for:
Australia based businesses with 20-300
mobile devices in use, including:
- Private hospitals
- Aged care facilities
- SMEs or companies with technicians in the field
- Education (specifically laptop and tablet-based learning)
Beyond the obvious security measures, IT support and inventory management, MDM's other most popular feature is the custom configuration of devices.
We can customise your devices’ configuration for your business, setting them up with only the apps, settings and functionality you need, with different options for different ‘types’ of users if required.
The end result is devices that are perfectly fit for purpose—improving efficiency, productivity and performance for end-users (that’s your employees). Not to mention offering consistency across every device—making using devices easy, and onboarding and training new staff members on tech a breeze.
Spotlight on MDM & Custom Configurations in Practice
MDM in Healthcare
Mobile devices are often used on the floor at private hospitals or aged care facilities. MDM helps these industries secure highly-sensitive patient data that is kept on devices, and ensure the device is a highly useful tool that works solely on site. Custom configurations we’ve set up in this industry include setting volume levels to never fall below 70%, so that emergency alerts are never missed; only enabling WiFi to connect onsite; equipping the device solely with a medical application suite, disabling cameras, and installing intercom system access—to name a few.
MDM for companies with Field Workers
Smartphones and tablets can be helpful tools when you have techs on the road visiting customers and performing work on different sites. Mobile devices can be used to access custom applications, scan barcodes, locate access points to power or water meters, send notifications to managers or customers, and store evidence that work has been completed on spec. However, to do this well, you’re best off with remote support and custom configuration.
Our Mobile Device Management Service is tailored to your business needs + can include:
- Device inventory and monitoring
- Custom device configurations
- Device and data security
- Remote support and maintenance
How It Works:
Mobile Device Management can be provided as part of our Managed IT Services, or we can deliver it as a stand-alone service for your business. We can support any SME across Australia as our MDM solutions are cloud-based.
PowerbITs Mobile Device Management Solutions are:
Delivered using industry-standard MDM software:
INTERESTED? WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
CONTACT US, AND WE'LL SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
We'll ask a few key Q's to better understand your requirements including how many devices you've got, what operating system/s you're using, what issues you're struggling with in particular, and whether you need custom device configurations for different roles or just the one standard set-up. Then we can put together an accurate quote.
Here’s what clients say about our Mobile Device Management service:
"I have been using PowerbITs since the beginning of 2016. I have always found them to be extremely reliable, honest and diligent. I would highly recommend them."
David Olsen of PowerbITs has been our dedicated Computer software and hardware consultant, adviser, and maintenance manager for almost ten years. David and his staff have always responded to our needs and cries for help immediately and effectively. I recommend PowerbITs and its customer focused staff to anyone. I am happy to provide a verbal reference if required.
We have found PowerbITs to give exceptional service as well as professional guidance on the many IT options available. The software packages they have developed for our business are giving us a significant edge compared to our competitors.
Princeville Credit Advocates
Your mobile devices are an investment and, in many cases, a real asset to optimising operations. We’ll ensure they work for your business—and that you:
- Spend less actually, no time managing your device setup, monitoring, maintenance + updates.
- Improve staff productivity by providing them with fit-for-purpose devices and easy-to-access remote support.
- Have robust security measures in place so your devices are unlikely to be compromised, theft is minimised, and company property and data are adequately protected.